Sunday, August 2, 2009

How Things Change

I am the Wandering One
who can re-create
herself
on a daily basis
if that's

what is needed

and I wonder, does
the Phoenix
after her rebirth,
remember the ashes
from whence she came?
or back even farther still-
the pyre
that she set aflame?

because I could
forget
could put you away
as you were,
as we were
in some far back corner
of my memory
recall you fondly, or
at least recall
sometimes
if that's

what is needed

because the Truth is
that you
never loved me
the way I did you,
and that's Okay
now
it is

but after
careful examination
of all the paths
that we travelled,
all the ones I followed you down
thinking it
was what you wanted too,
I have had

Enough,
finally.

which strikes me as
almost funny

because enough
is exactly what
you could never give me,
my doing as much as your own
perhaps,
no fault, no blame,
no responsible party

just what is
just what was

and so
now
I don't know
exactly where to place you
but I'm willing to try-

to clear out some corner
for you to Be,
where I could smile
over at you
once in awhile
when I'm feeling
good
nostalgic
happy
I could remember you tenderly, or
at least remember
if that's

what is needed.





1 comment:

  1. Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Jus-cru-sin

    ReplyDelete