Monday, January 30, 2012

push and pull

o goodness!
gladness!
oye, voy-
it seems that i don't
know my place anymore
i am seeing more clearly
those true colors showing
like the hints of color
through peeling paint
on walls
there is something
unraveling
here for me
and it seems like maybe my journey
is asking
that i make my move
once again
cause i feel like i'm
carving out causes
rallying resources
and drumming
and drumming
and bumming
and slipping
back into the lulling
rhythm
of a rhythm-less life
but
i can't sit still anymore,
my body won't let me
there's a buzzing in my belly that
makes me squirm
with impatience
an ever urging insistence,
more than, more than, more than
mere existence,
and if my hands lie
too long useless
they scream their resistance to lifelessness
in aches and pains like
fire needles in joints
they cry use us, use us,
don't miss the point!

you are divinity,
you are the skin it's housed in,
Life is sacred and profane and you
can swing from extremity to extremity
or find a middle way,
your own rhythm,
to walk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment