Sunday, October 23, 2011

ROAR. ( or, Fuck 'Em. )

my anger rages
its flames clearing forests
burning up all the dying
the decaying
the lies long-standing
rooted in my own misunderstanding
of myself

my rage is quaking
trembling, shaking
crumbling buildings that have long-loomed
in
my inner landscape
beliefs of myself that have consumed
and
kept me from a clear view-

my fury cracks sidewalks
sends green shoots skywards
you,
stop right there,
don't come any closer
'cause now i have seen your
face by the firelight of my burning
your farce, your front, your failure
your longing, your yearning
and i won't let you
abuse me
and then crawl back begging

i am not a beggar
nor a destitute child
i am not the weak one
or the apologetic liar
i am roaring
i am rage
i am fury finally found
i am fierce and in your face
and i am walking the grounds
of this
my awakening

No comments:

Post a Comment