Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dream Journal.

I had a dream last night about Whales.

I was in the Ocean and a mother whale and her calf approached me and swam with me. Once I got to shore, the calf came out of the water and turned into a young man. I fell in love with him, his dark eyes as deep as the sea. We returned to where his mother was swimming just offshore and she sang out for us to follow her. I remember walking back into the Ocean, knee-deep, understanding that they wanted me to return with them to their world, and that I might not ever come back to the shore, to the land, to life as I had known it. The mother wanted to initiate me into something, the ways of Whales perhaps, or the Sea. I did not understand how this was possible, but I trusted her completely. And I loved her son.
I slipped my body into the water and started to swim.


Upon waking, I looked up pictures of whales (thank you, Google Image). The whales in my dream were Grey Whales. Upon further research I discovered that they migrate between Alaska and Baja. Much of the territory I have traveled in the last few years, and where I am currently traveling now. I read that in late-March/early-April some of the migrating Greys have been known to enter the Puget Sound.

I looked up more about the Whale, and what it symbolizes, I found this-

"Inspiration, manifestation, creation, resurrection, inner awakening."

"The whale's gifts include - record keeper for all eternity, power of song, all knowledge associated with voice, all aspects of the sea, beauty of movement, psychic and telepathic abilities, wisdom, provider, inner depth.
Using the rhythm and patterns of sound, the whale teaches us to hear our inner voices, to be in touch with our personal truths, thus knowing wisdom and feeling the heartbeat of the universe.
You will be shown how to go deep within yourself to stir your inner creativity and imagination. You will also be taught not to become too lost in your imagination but to live in the ‘real world’ - every day waking reality.
The whale does not teach creativity for the sake of creativity. A deep, creative inspiration is awakened, but you must add your own color and light to your outer life to make it glorious. The whales sound teaches us how to create with song."

"Whale reintroduces us to our creative and intuitive energies to show us a talent we've forgotten about or haven't been aware existed. People with this totem are able to understand the ancient language of "energy vibrations," and are able to distinguish where others are truly coming from. Whale asks us to recall our past and listen to its stories so we can creatively heal old wounds."

"The whale always guides the way to discovering the meaning of your own life."


Interesting, and very beautiful.
Love-

4 comments:

  1. I have always loved orcas.

    I found your blog again, and I've missed reading your words. It's good to find you.

    kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful dream, a whale of a tale.
    She fell in love with a handsome whale.
    His deep dark eyes lured her in
    The water just under her chiny chin chin.
    She swam away with this handsome whale
    Now the sea sings of her magical tale.

    Jus-cru-sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like music is calling you...no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does dear friend, it does!

    ReplyDelete