Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rocks on the Dashboard

vibrating in rhythm
with the hum
of my engine.

sometimes my truck won't start
and i am forced to sit back
and contemplate
the impermanence of things
to wait in the silence of
impending possibility,
and try again.

i am making peace
with all I do not say
with silences that hang
like curtains of moss
from trees
sometimes
Nature dresses herself so delicately
that i can barely breathe~
She is so stunning.

so today
i'll paint myself
with tiger stripes
and sit back
and smile
at the simple complexities
at Life
the orange peel
the seed
rubber-bands that make me go
weak at the knees
remnants
and
treasures
and
memories.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir

    Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with you hair. Kahlil Gibran

    I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees. The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and saffron sunsets. It has given me blessed release from care and worry and the troubled thinking of our modern day. It has been a return to the primitive and the peaceful. Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and benumbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy. ~Hamlin Garland, McClure's, jus-cru-sin

    April 3, 2009 9:41 PM

    ReplyDelete