Sunday, November 9, 2008

Berkeley, Yesterday

You want to learn about people? I mean really learn?
My humble suggestion--go find a busy place/street, preferably a diverse one (as I write this I am on Telegraph in Berkeley, CA).
Find yourself a comfy spot and hop a squat/sit/crouch up against a building.
You have to be below eye level and you have to be alone.
People are amazing to watch.
Try to suspend all judgment, personal preference and prejudice, and sit back and enjoy the show.
For all you Writers out there- bring a pen/cil and something to write on.
Even if you don't consider yourself a Writer- bring it anyway. You may be surprised.



"The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao Tzu


"When I dare to be powerful--to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." -Audre Lorde