Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Beauty.

There is a song that was introduced to me a million years ago by my friend, Dave. It's a song from his youth, written by a friend of his that they would all sing and play together. Some folks who know what it means to have to say goodbye.

Whenever I leave a place, this song echos-

"Saying goodbye, I give you pieces of my heart..."

And it's true. I've left pieces of my heart every place that my feet have travelled, everywhere that I have been where I have loved, and loved deeply- and to me, it's not so much sad, as it is Beautiful.

Because my heart just keeps growing.

For every piece left, there is created room ten-fold in my heart to Love and give from. I'm not sure how or why it has worked this way, I just know that it has, and I am grateful.

I Love so many people in so many places, and the memories of them and what they have taught me- son mis tesoros. I am Blessed, truly. My Family just keeps growing.

Saying goodbye makes it all much more real- I'm leaving. In a matter of days now.

For those to whom I have already spent time with in these last few days- Gracias, con todo mi corazon. Thank you, with all of my heart. Thank you for sharing your selves, for being a part of my Life. For those I have yet to see- call me. (You know the digits!) And if you don't, and are around and would like to hang out, email me. [rkshaffer@gmail.com]

So Much Love-