Friday, January 23, 2009

(Contented) Sigh.

I have had a great day.

I finished my book this morning, wrote for a bit, and indulged in a long shower. (Sorry, California.)
As I was about to head out on my mission for dog food, my buddy Jeremy called and we ended up spending a few sweet hours together. Good conversation, good food...AND i got out of a parking ticket. (Thank you, Kind parking-ticket Lady!)
Headed back home and tossed around a ball with my faithful, four-legged Regalito. (I have never known such adoration.)
After that I watched one of the Planet Earth documentaries. (Borrowed from said Jeremy.)

It was about the Jungle. It was INCREDIBLE. They had sped up footage of a seed sprouting up through the earth on the forest floor. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Literally, pushing through the ground and being birthed into the world. Breathtaking. (Yes. I'm a dork. And I don't care.) I love Nature.

Sigh. Now a creative evening lies ahead of me- writing, playing, singing- yum.

There are days when I laze like I did today, and I feel guilty for it. Like I should be doing something, getting something done. Those days are wasted- I'm taking it slow but I'm not enjoying it and I'm not doing anything that nourishes my soul.

But Today, no guilt, only pleasure and enjoyment and laughter and fun. Yes! Phew. I needed it.

So much Love to All-