Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ponderings.

So often, I find myself wound tightly, worried about my "Do-ing List" (note: not 'To Do' but 'Doing'!) overwhelmed by all the possibilities and decisions that need to be made. I'm not sure how it happens, but it's like a coil that slowly winds tighter and tighter over days, maybe weeks, until one day I sit down and my chest is tight and my head aches. Not good.

In the process of preparing for the Road, and really, reconfiguring my Life- re-prioritizing, re-evaluating, and sorting through the all the little messes, I have gone through this numerous times. When I reach that point, when that coil is about ready to spring- I have to find a way to unwind myself, to breathe, relax, and Remember.

Today I am wondering how many more times I am going to put myself through this.

I think what is needed is the awareness and intention to live more mindfully- not spinning until I'm so dizzy I nearly fall over before taking much needed respite- but actually listening to myself each day, taking stock, and asking myself what is needed. Rest? Work? Play?
Obviously, in this grown-up world, I have to be mindful of my commitments, obligations, and deadlines. But with the time that is mine, I need to be much more aware of how I spend it. I need to be good to myself, too.

And to Remember. Remember that yo soy una florecita preciosa and that I am blooming- petals unfolding gently, nurtured, coaxed, and encouraged by a loving hand. That this Great Mystery is always moving, always dancing, always changing, and always Joyous.