Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Let's face it- I'm pooped!"

Yes. Yes, I did just reference Blazing Saddles.

Man, whatta day. Phew. Thursday, my work-all-day day.

It was still pretty magical though. :) I had some time to myself while my client was in class, so I kicked off my sandals and walked around campus. Met this kid named Juan, who was playing his guitar on a bench. He invited me to draw with some chalk that he had. So I did. Random.
We talked for awhile and I asked him what he wanted to do in Life- he told me, "I want to be a Muse. That's it. Not much money in it though..."
He made me laugh and smile. I love idealism and exuberance and enthusiasm for Life- especially when so pure. Funny guy. It was a nice encounter.

I've been running into some characters of late. True characters. Ha. I love it. I think it's one of my favorite things.

I have a couple of hours to myself before my next shift starts, (this day's not through with me yet!) so I am sipping a glass of wine, feet up, posting this, and then planting my face in some hot food. Yum.

I have a song coming. I can feel it. It always rumbles in my chest and tingles in my fingers before I can actually sit down and write it. If anyone has any acoustic guitar suggestions, email me. My sweet friend did in fact, die. I took her in to a repair shop and the guy told me that one of the brackets inside had broken, down by the bridge, and it would cost more to fix than was worth it. Sigh.

That's okay. New start, new travels, new guitar. Sounds good. :)

Sending so much Love to All-